Browse our FAQ
In this “How Do I” section, we give you information on some of the most frequently asked questions here at City Hall.
Please browse the links in this section for more details and important forms to download.
If you don’t find what you’re looking for in this section, please visit our Document Center page for more applications, forms and documents.
How Do I...
- Morris Municipal Services Facility – 700 N. Division Street.
- A city drop box is located on the south end of the building parking lot and may be used for water bill payments, parking tickets or miscellaneous city business.
- By Phone 24/7 call 815-513-0055
- Water Department online – you can view your account information, make a payment or sign up for e-billing and/or auto pay.
- Bank Draft
Accepted Forms of Payment:
- Check (made payable to CITY OF MORRIS)
- Money Order
- Master Card
We are pleased to present the City of Morris’ Annual Water Quality Reports as required by the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA). This report is designed to provide details about where your water comes from, what it contains and how it compares to standards set by regulatory agencies. This report is cons snapshot of last year’s water quality.
- City residents will be charged a $25.00 fee for use of the pavilions. This fee must accompany the application, payable to the City of Morris. (Refundable only if disapproved.)
- Non-residents will be charged a $50.00 fee for use of the pavilions. This fee must accompany the application, payable to the City of Morris. (Refundable only if not approved to rent.)
- City residents will be charged a $50.00 fee for use of the bandshell. This fee must accompany the application, payable to the City of Morris. (Refundable only if disapproved.)
- Non-residents will be charged a $100.00 fee for use of the bandshell. This fee must accompany the application, payable to the City of Morris. (Refundable only if not approved to rent.)
- Pavilion reservations are limited to groups of 25 persons or more.
- Applications will be accepted starting the first Monday of April for renting from May 1st through October 15th. Please stop in Morris City Hall at 700 N. Division Street to fill out the park reservation form. Parks are reserved on a first-come-first-served basis.
- One reservation in a 30 day period is allowed by the same person, family or group.
- City park hours are 6:00 am to 10:00 pm daily.
- No alcohol is permitted in any of the City Parks.
- You must be a resident of the City of Morris to pay the $25.00 fee. If we find that the application is made by you for someone who is a non-resident, your privileges to rent the City Park will be denied in the future.
- The city has a limited number of picnic tables that can be rented for events at your home such as birthday parties, graduation parties, etc. The cost is $5 per table per day; tables will be delivered and picked up by the Public Works Department. To rent picnic tables for use at your home, call the Public Works Department at 815-942-5063.
You will need to fill out a Resident Form if you live within the city limits and receive a water bill; otherwise you will fill our a Non-Resident Form.
The Illinois Freedom of Information Act, or Illinois FOIA, is a series of laws designed to guarantee that the public has access to public records of government bodies at all levels in Illinois. The law was first enacted in 1984.
The latest law was enacted in August 2009, and went into effect on January 1, 2010. The Illinois FOIA is based on an assertion in the statute that access to “full and complete information regarding the affairs of government” is “necessary to enable the people to fulfill their duties of discussing public issues fully and freely, making informed political judgments and monitoring government to ensure that it is being conducted in the public interest.”
Also below is link to the text of the Freedom of Information Act itself as provided by the Attorney General’s Office Website Illinois Freedom of Information Act Text
WHO MUST REGISTER?
All contractors desiring to engage in business within the corporate limits of the City of Morris must be registered with the Building and Zoning Officer.
EFFECTIVE DATES OF REGISTRATION:
All registrations expire on the 30th day of April each year and must be renewed on May 1st.
General Contractor — $200.00
All other Contractors — $100.00
*Fees are 1/2 price from November 1 through March 30th*
Certificates of Insurance must list the City of Morris as the Certificate Holder.
Bodily Injury Liability — $300,000.00
Property Damage Liability — $100,000.00
Workman’s Compensation — As required by the Industrial Commission of Illinois
Bodily Injury Liability — $300,000.00
Property Damage Liability — $50,000.00
*If insurance expires during the term of registration, a renewal certificate must be mailed/faxed to the Building and Zoning Officer or the registration will be suspended.*
BOND REQUIREMENTS: STANDARD LICENSE PERMIT SURETY BOND
General Contractor — $20,000.00 bond
Electrical Contractor — $10,000.00 bond
Plumbing Contractor — $10,000.00 bond
HVAC Contractor — $10,000.00 bond
All Other Contractors — $10,000.00 bond